Miami, Fl
Total Spent for 2012: $58.08 Total Saved for 2012: $132.85

Monday, March 14, 2011

Just spreading the joy..

Hey guys! I felt a sudden urge to post a blog post. Its not entirely related to couponing, but who cares. This blog should be about more than showing my trips and giving you guys a bunch of numbers and transactions. Instead, I want to make it more friendly-- more welcoming. So its also a blog about my life! Hopefully it doesn't bore you to death. And don't be shy. Leave comments.

Now, there is an amazing website that I LOVE to use for special personalized items such as return address labels, notepads, notebooks, etc. What happens is every couple of weeks, the offer various items for free! So you personalize them, and pay just for shipping. If you choose the slowest shipping option, then its pretty cheap. Especially for the cute stuff you get. Like Fernando made me this super cute shopping bag with a peace sign on it for Christmas. 

Last week they had another promotion so I personalized all the free items and got them shipped. And this came today!


How cute is that?? I plan on using it as my bag for when I do my field work at elementary schools. Since I'm going into my Junior year at FIU, I've already starting student teaching/interning at schools. And this bag is perfect! It looks professional, plus it carries all my little supplies for note taking and everything. I actually have the cutest notebook coming in from vistaprint later this week!

So if you want to make personalized gifts I seriously recommend Vistaprint.com. I've made calendars, mugs, bags, and all kinds of amazing things. We have the coolest return address labels now.  

Noooow onto the next subject! Haha. I shared my interesting paper towel shopping experience with you guys yesterday. So then I got to cleaning out the hall closet to fit those plus the other multitudes of paper towels and toilet paper I've been stocking up on all this month and last. And here is the result.





It definitely puts a smile on my face. When I think about it, I don't think I paid more than $15 bucks for everything you see in this picture. And I probably saved over $50. Now you may be asking why on earth does anyone need that much toilet paper and paper towels? Well its simple. They're going to get used. With a house of 4, they'll probably be gone in a good 3 months. And considering I got everything at an awesome price, it was worth the work. Now we have the convenience of just walking to our closet and choosing whatever we need. Its a beautiful thing =]

So I hope this encourages you guys to keep trying and saving money. Things really do pay off.

No comments: