Miami, Fl
Total Spent for 2012: $58.08 Total Saved for 2012: $132.85

Sunday, March 13, 2011

I used all my rewards! =/

Hey everyone! I'm so happy to be back into blogging. This week in school was hectic, and I've been sick all weekend! But thankfully I have the best husband ever who took wonderful care of me. We went to see Beastly last night. The first chick flick I've seen in awhile! And it was pretty good. It was nice to get out of the house.. But lets move onto the deals. Basically, today I found myself down to $18 rewards that were going to expire today at Walgreens. Although there were a couple items I could have bought, paid nothing for, and got back $20 rewards for next week, I didn't need them! This week, all that is free after rewards is some Arthritis Cream and a Diabetes testing meter. So I had two choices... Roll my rewards so I can use them next week, or just use them up buying stuff we actually need! SO I went with choice two.

Now, you shouldn't see me using all my rewards as a bad thing necesarily. A lot of couponers earn the rewards and then use them to buy things they need such as diapers, toilet paper, etc. Well, this week I felt like stocking up on paper towels and Renuzit fresheners. 

Let me explain the difference between blowing all your rewards and using them to their fullest extent. If I were to blow all my rewards, I'd buy some crap like candy, soda, or junk for a movie. But what I did was make my $18 in rewards go a long way towards getting the things we needed. So this is what I bought!


And TONS of paper towels.



Now, let me explain myself. If you read the "How to Begin" section, then you realize the strategy of stocking up. What this means is when I find the best possible price on something I always need, then I'll stock up on it at THAT price so that I don't have to buy it at a higher price later. 

The picture above is a perfect example. We really use a lot of paper towels. On average, the normal price for paper towels on sale, plus with a simple coupon is probably $1 per roll. Sometimes you can get it for closer to $.80 a roll. Well, these paper towels, Tuf, were on sale 2/$1. While they may not be a big name brand, they get the job done. And for a great price. So in 2 stores, and 4 separate transactions, we picked up 16 Rolls. The limit was 4 per person. So at each store, hubby and I did a transaction.


Now the renuzits, although do not last long (I don't recommend them if thats why you want them), they are perfect for neutralizing the smell from our guinea pig cage. That fatty is in our bedroom. And he SMELLS so quickly. Lol. So what we do is put a renuzit on top of his cage and this helps so much! But we probably go through 2 a week to keep the smell away. They work like a charm, and nothing else does the job. Sure candles could help, but these things are perfect. So this week they were at Walgreens for .79. First of all, this is already a low price for them. But in today's Smartsource was a coupon for Buy 3 and get 3 Free. So in essence, you'll buy 6, and each one equals about $.40. That is a stock up price!! So we got those in 3 transactions at 2 stores. They'll only last a couple months but they fit perfectly in the little box we have especially for him in the closet. So we're really happy!

Here were my transactions...

Transaction 1:
4 Right Guard Body Wash $5.49 B1G1 Free
-(2) B1G1 Free Coupons 
= Free

1 Herbal essence Shampoo $2.99 get $1 RR
1 Aussie Styler $2.99
- (1) B1G1 Free styler
- (1) $1/1 Herbal essence
= $1.99 for both

3 Dial Handsoap $.99
- (3) $.35/1 
=$.64 each

2 Renuzit Crystal Elements $3.99 Each
- (2) $3/1 coupon
=$.99 each

4 Tuf Paper Towels 2/$1

3 Scotch Mailers 3/$1 [Needed this]

6 Renuzit Singles .79 each
- (1) B3G3 Free
= $.40 each

1 Dial Nutriskin Lotion $4.99 get $3 RR
- (1) $1/1 Coupon

Used $18 in RR's

Paid $2.12 OP including Tax.

Total Saved $69.66

Got $4 RR back.

Again, now I had barely any rewards, but we got what we needed and I definitely made the $18 rewards go a long way!

Transaction 2 (Fernando)

4 Tuf Paper Towels 2/$1

6 Renuzit Singles $.79 each
- (1) B3G3 Free
=.40 each

= $4.85

Saved $2.37


Then we moved on to the next store where I did the same transaction above, except I paid with my 4 rewards. So I paid $.85 OP. Then in the second transaction we bought just paper towels for $2.14.

So todays totals were:

Spent: 
$9.96

Saved:
$78.40

And thats it for today! We have 16 rolls of paper towels, 16 Renuzit fresheners, 4 Right guard body washes (all free), more shampoo, lotion, and handsoap all for the price of 9 paper towels rolls on regular price! 

So really as a couponer you have to make decisions. I could have walked out today with arthritis cream, a blood glucose meter, and $20 Register rewards. But what good would that do me, being non-diabetic and non-arthritic? 
So I made $18 register rewards go a long way. It will probably take me a couple of weeks to get back on track but in no time I'll have a stock of rewards built up again!

No regrets. I love my paper towel stock =]


No comments: