Miami, Fl
Total Spent for 2012: $58.08 Total Saved for 2012: $132.85

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Finally getting some Register Rewards!!

Hello! What a great week its been for me. Spring break! And I sure did take a break. No schoolwork, no worries. But I did need to keep up with my shopping trips so Fernando accompanied me on my trip Saturday. We went to three Walgreens and Walmart. 

At the first Walgreens, I had a TERRIBLE expereince. The Renuzit Adjustables were on sale for .79 and I had a Buy 3 Get 3 Free coupon. When I went down the aisle, I found a bunch of these Renuzits that were a "snowy" winter edition sent. They were marked at the same price as the "regular" scents so I thought hey! Nice find! So I got 6 and took them to the register. The cashier rang them up, no problem, but when it came to doing the math for the B3G3 coupon, she freaked out. She stared around her looking for help when all she had to do was mulitpy .79 times three. I mean for goodness sakes. So she got a manager to help her. Then the manager saw my "special" renuzits and angrily raised her voice at me insisting that THOSE were not included in the sale. So I asked, politely, what do you mean? They were in the same place as the others and they are covered by the B3G3 Coupon. And she snapped at me again insisting they weren't included. Now I'm all for being patient, but she had no right to raise her voice at me, the customer, when in the Walgreens ad is says Renuzit adjustables .79 7.5 OZ and does NOT specify a specific scent. What ever happened to the customor is always right? Well anyways I told fernando to go get 6 of the regular ones because I like those too. What I really wanted to do was say HEY LADY you have been unbelievably rude to me, so I'm not buying anything, but fernando came back with the 6 and I didn't want to make him feel bad for making the trip for me and I not even purchase them. So I bought them. I had to bag my own groceries, so I did so with an angry look on my face and letting out the occasional "Sigh" hoping for an apology. But I never got one. So I'm not going back there. It was already my least favorite walgreens but jeez. All the lady had to do was so "Oh I'm sorry ma'am but our store has chosen not to include the holiday scents in the sale" and I would have gone OKAY =] . But no, she yelled at me.

Well oh well I got what I needed and left.



 
6 Renuzit @ $.79
-(1) B3G3 Free Coupon [Takes off $2.37] 3/13 RP

Spent
= $2.71 including tax

Saved 
= $6.63

Then we moved onto Walgreens Number 2! By the way we have like 5 Walgreens in a 5 mile radius of our house lol. So I get to pick and choose.

This is what I got there:



4 Right Guard Body Wash @ $4.49 B1G1 Free
- (2) B1G1 Free coupon 3/13 RP

Spent 
= .63 all tax

Saved 
= $17.96


Then finally we moved onto Walmart. Now I honestly haven't shopped at WalMart since Christmas. I hate their coupon policy, but now they changed it for the better. It specifically specifies that the coupon amount CAN EXCEED the price of the item and that CHANGE can be given, or the overage can go towards paying for your other groceries! So I decided to take a donation trip, and get some things to donate. They only had 1 Yakisoba noodle left and they didn't have the Gain I was looking for for big overage. But either way it was a successful trip!





1 Yakisoba Noodles $.58
- (1) $.50/1 3/13 SS

6 Purex 3 in 1 travel size 2 count $.97 [Travel section had a ton of these]
- $1/1 ANY Purex 3 in 1 3/13 RP
This gave $.18 overage.

The subtotal was $-.10, and the 10 cents went towards paying tax. So the tax total was $.31 instead of $.41. 

Spent 
= $.31

Saved 
= $6.40


Then we headed to Walgreens 3. First I messed up and didn't reach the $20 required to get a $10 Register Reward when you buy Excedrin. So I had to buy an additional and they forced the reward.




6 Excedrin PM $5.99 B1G1 50%  plus buy $20 get $10 RR
- (3) $3.50/1 Coupon from internet awhile ago
- (3) $2.50/1 

Spent 
= $8.45

Saved
= $27.50

And I got back $13 RR. The machine had a $3 RR already in it when mine printed, so they let me keep it! And this will really help me get back into saving on future transactions.

So totals for today:

Spent including tax
=
$12.10

Saved 
=
$58.49

And I have $13 RR for Sunday's trip. This is awesome considering I had NO register rewards to start with like I usually do! Plus I have some stuff to donate =]

Donations this week:
Worth $6.50





3 comments:

Ashleigh said...

I have one of those Wags as well that I never step foot into. I tried going once and I literally had a tug of war with the cashier who insisted she had to take my Wags coupon which was a rare one which I had obtained by trading! I e-mailed corp. and got an apology call back from the manager. So I tried going again for free Stride gum and this time I argued with the manager! He insisted and told me sternly that he was NOT going to let me have free gum. I've never stepped into that store again, and I hope I never will!

Stephani Galindo said...

Sorry to hear about that =[ It really does get frustrating some times when the cashiers act like we're stealing from them. I can't stand when I get stuff free and they act like I'm a thief, when they're going to get reimbursed for it later! I just think a lot of it is ignorance. They can't see the big picture: getting reimbursed AND getting more visits from us because the deals are so great. I mean since I discovered the RR system, I do like 90% of my shopping at Walgreens! Sure I use a lot of coupons and save a lot of money but I go there weekly, and I think some managers see that as a plus. Im saving, but they're getting a frequent customer, and a happy one too! I have one store I love the best and I go there 90% of the time. But this time the other store was closer so I decided to attempt it. Won't be trying that again lol

Ashleigh said...

I totally agree, I wish they'd see the bigger picture!