Miami, Fl
Total Spent for 2012: $58.08 Total Saved for 2012: $132.85

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Back in the game =]

Yaaay! I finally caught up with getting Register Rewards! This trip was a big donation trip again, but honestly I just wanted to get rewards so I don't have to pay much in the future. Plus it was successful! I can't wait for you guys to see the Almay makeup deal!

I did 4 Transactions at one store, but it didn't take long at all because I was so organized and the cashier was so friendly. He kept saying he's coming shopping with me next time LOL. I love when the cashiers are so helpful and understanding.

Here was my trip. By the way I think I offically found my favorite Filler Item. If you don't know what a filler item is, here is an explanation. A register reward at Walgreens is a manufacturer coupon. So if I want to buy 1 item and it has a coupon for it already from the sunday paper or something, I can't pay with a register reward unless I have another item. This is the filler. Its a cheap cheap item you get so you can use your rewards to pay for items. And my stores are starting to get produce!! So my new filler is the .99 carrots! I love them. Our guinea pig loves carrots, so this helps us so much. He eats like one huge bag a week, and they cost the same at Publix, so we're saving money.




Transaction 1:
I just realized, they didn't scan my fourth Reach toothbrush coupon =[ But it is okay because I got $4 Register rewards even though I got the toothbrushes for free.




1 Plackers Floss picks $2 get $2 RR
1 Always Maxi Pads $2.99 get $2 RR
- (1) $1/1 Coupon from 2/27 P&G
1 Tena Ultra thin pads $9.99 get $10 RR
- (1) $2.50/1 IP
4 Reach Toothbrush $.99 with in ad coupon Get $4 RR
- (4) $1/1 IP [Give manufacturer coupons first].
2- 1 LB carrot $.99

Used $10, $3 RR from yesterday.
Got $10, $4, $2, $2

Spent: 
$2.75 including tax. [Should have been $1.75, and it was $1.33 of tax, so total cost before tax was only $.52!)

Saved:
$30.29 [Again, they forgot one of my coupons so it should have been $31.29]


Transaction 2:



1 Method handsoap $2.99 get $2 RR
1 Celadrin Joint softgels $10 get $10 RR [My father in law likes stuff like this]

Used $10, $2 RR from transaction 1 [Still have $2, 4]

Spent:
$1.21 including tax

Saved:
$25.49


Transaction 3:



1 Tena Ultra thin pads $9.99 get $10 RR
- (1) $2.50/1 IP
1 Plackers flossers $2 get $2 RR
1 Always Maxi pads $2.99 get $2 RR
- (1) $1/1 2/27 P&G
1 Carrots .99

Used $10, $2 RR

Spent:
$1.52 including tax. [1.05 was tax! Nuts right?]

Saved:
$22.29

Transaction 4:



Awesome deal. Almay cosmetics are 30% off this week. PLUS they are producing a $5 RR when you buy any one. PLUS there are 2 coupons out there, a $2/1 manufacturer from 3/6 SS and a $2/1 Walgreens coupon from the spring booklet. The booklet looks like this. I found it in cosmetics:




So I did this: 
1 Almay Eyeliner $6.15
- (1) $2/1 3/6 SS
- (1) $2/1 Walgreens booklet
1 M&M candy .49 [filler]

Used $2 RR
And got back a $5 RR!

Spent:
$1.11 including tax.

Saved:
$9.14

So I paid $1, got $5 RR AND an eyeliner. What an awesome deal. I'll be going back this week to buy the makeup remover and more eyeliner. Don't you love coupons??

Total Spent:
$6.59

Total Saved:
$87.21

This was an amazing trip. I have a ton to donate, plus I ended up with $23 in Register rewards! So I'm back in the game. And I can keep rolling them for huge savings.

Donations this week:
Worth over $40



8 comments:

Ashleigh said...

That's so cool about the Almay! Too bad I didn't get that coupon =( I might think about trading but they probably won't get here in time. Thanks for sharing your trips though, they're always so good!

Stephani Galindo said...

Yea its an awesome deal. There's also a $1/1 in the 2/13 Smartsource in case you got that one. Either way, theres items as low as $4.19 included in the deal. So you'd pay $3.19 and get $5 RR back. But if you want I can send a manufacturer and Walgreens coupon from the book for you. It can probably be out by tuesday and you'll get it before the weekend. I love sharing the love ! lol plus I still have 2 more of the walgreens coupon so im set.

Ashleigh said...

Thanks so much for the offer =D, but to be honest I might not even make it to a Walgreens this week and I don't want your coupons to go to waste!...I hate living in the middle of nowhere, especially with only 1 car! lol..I'm crossing my fingers on moving soon to where I'll be within walking distance of a Rite Aid and a Walgreens,(a dream!) then I'll definitely take you up on any of your offers LOL

Stephani Galindo said...

Lol I know what you mean. We don't even have a car right now because we'll be getting one from a family member in a year. And its really nice lol so in the meantime we're saving money and just using the transit down here. Its really convenient though theres tons of buses in miami . But it means I only get out to Walgreens about once a week

Ashleigh said...

I made it to Walgreens today! Since my region didn't get the coupon there was tons of Almay! I don't think they coupons would have made it across the country in 2 days anyway tho =( Oh, and that's great you're getting a car! I don't want to admit it, but I didn't know how to drive until recently, but it's hands down the hardest, but best thing I've ever done.

Stephani Galindo said...

Baha! We are so alike! I really can't drive either. But I'm still young-ish. Lol. I just didn't have the opportunity to learn in school because I was 100% focused on academics. My husband is the one who can. I mean I've been out on the road and I can not hit stuff but I have a huge fear. we're waiting until the summer to turn me into a pro! lol

Glad you made it to Walgreens though! The good thing about getting to know you is that we're in two completely different places, so maybe I'll get regional coupons you don't and you'll get the ones I dont and we can trade! lol

Ashleigh said...

Oh yea I still have that fear. When I was learning I would have nightmares and I would be terrified. My BF is the one who pushed me really hard to do it. I failed the test the first time and I cried and felt miserable for days. I wanted to punch everyone in the face who told me this at the time but it is SO true: "Just keep practicing." So I did and now I feel so much more comfortable. I hope you can get to that point, it feels great when you do! I still have a fear, but it's so much less than before because I think after a while your mind gets used to all the things you have to look for while driving and you don't have to think about thinking about it, KWIM? lol, but that's great you focused on academics more. Are you going to be a teacher? After I had my son I finished high school, but I haven't gone back to school yet, though I plan to.
Yea if you ever don't get a coupon, just ask maybe I did get it and I'd be happy to share a few! =)

Stephani Galindo said...

Yea I am going to be a teacher! I have two more years of school and then I'll have my bachelors. I really hope to just get this driving stuff out of the way though. So many people think I'm weird for not learning but I mean whats the point if you know you wont have a car anytime soon? lol. But now that we'll be getting one in a year I really have to get better.. Haha. I hope I can get over the fear like you did.