Miami, Fl
Total Spent for 2012: $58.08 Total Saved for 2012: $132.85

Monday, February 28, 2011

Walgreens and CVS 2/28! Saved over $100 =]

Yaaayyyyy!!!!!

I just have to be openly excited with you guys for a minute. You'd understand if you realize how bad of a week I've had! I like to think of myself as an optimistic person, but this week blew. I was sick for a few days, and my hubby even had to stay home to take care of me =[ It was sad. But I can now be excited because I feel better. The funny part is, my shopping trip was basically what healed me! There were so many great deals today, but I felt like such crap I didn't even want to get out of bed. But I pushed through, knowing I'd regret not taking this trip, and so I did! And thank God for that. I had an awesome trip. 

Just let me remind you guys that my totals at drug stores are so low because I build up a nice stock of Register Rewards and Extracare bucks at both Walgreens and CVS. This way, I use them as a form of payment, and get some back to use the next week. Its like a cycle. So this week, I had about $12 in rewards expiring for Walgreens, and $18 for CVS. We really didn't need any of the deals this week, so I planned to get some of the necessities. Like toilet paper and paper towels. Both are always so expensive! So I like to use my rewards to buy them and get them really cheap. Here we go!

Walgreens:





Short trip. Nice and simple. Originally I was going to buy the Midol PM, which is $3, get $3 RR this week. But they had NONE. So I didn't get to. However, when it does get in stock, I have coupons to get it free! 

Transaction 1 and 2 were both the same:
1 Colgate Total $2.99 get $3 RR
- (1) $.75 from 2/27 SS

 1 Viva Paper Towels 6 pack $5.99
- (1) $1/1 Walgreens coupon in booklet
- (1) $.50/1 Online printable

1 Baby Magic Lotion $3 get $3 RR
Just wanted to see how it works!

3 Hydrogen Peroxide 3/ $1
With in AD coupon

= $13.49 before coupons
Used 7, 2 RR's

= $2.24 including tax

Get $3, $3 RR's

Total Spent:
$4.48

Total Saved:
$29.74

Yay! Usually I'd buy less expensive paper towels, but I had the rewards about to expire, and the Viva ones are my favorite. They feel like a real towel =] But again, they're a bit of a "luxury buy" in my little coupon world.

Next was CVS! I must admit, I was really proud of even myself! This trip was exciting. But it did give my husband a view of the crappy side of couponing. The annoying customers. 

Usually, if I have multiple transactions and lots of coupons, I let people with small purchases go in front of me in line. I'll do 1 transaction, then move to the back of the line. But this time, my good deed didn't go unpunished.

At first, I was just being nice, but then it got annoying. The cashier was moving slow, and this guy was trying to get up to this buy $30 get $10 extrabucks deal. He only bought $25 worth at first, then had to go back for more. He came back with the wrong item. Then went for something else. Then we was .75 away! All this time, the cashier is having me and my husband wait to the side while he takes other "quick" customers. 
Finally, the guy finished his $30 deal. Thank God.

So it was my turn! 
HAHA! My teddy bear got in the picture! He was a Valentine's Present from hubby.


Transaction 1:
Buy 2 Oral B Cross Action Tootbrush $6 get $3 Extrabucks
- (1) B1G1 coupon 1/30 P&G
-(1) $3/1 coupon 2/27 P&G
= $3 total, get $6 rewards back. Money Maker!

1 Charmin Basic 12 roll $4.99
- (1) $.25 coupon 2/27 P&G

2 Crest Vivid White Toothpaste $3.29 get $3.29 Extrabucks
-(2) $1/1 from P&G Mailed Booklet

1 Revitalens Contact Formula $5.99 get $6 Extrabucks

= $29.56 before coupons
Used $10, $7.98 Extrabucks from last trip

= $1.42 including tax!

Saved $40.11



Transaction 2:
1 Charmin 12 $4.99
-(1) $.25 2/28 P&G

1 Gillette Fusion Razor $9.99 get $4 EB's
-(1) $4/1 2/28 P&G

1 Physicians Formula Eyelash Cream $10.99 get $7 EB's

=$25.97 before coupons

Used all EB's from Trans. 1

= $4.97 including tax. 

Saved $29.62



Transaction 3:
3 Dawn Hand Renewal $.94
- (3) $.50/1 P&G Mailed Booklet

3 Gain dish liquid $1.39 regular price
-(3) $1/1 P&G Mailed Booklet
This stuff smells awesome!

4 Softsoap handsoap .88

1 Nestle Crunch Bar $.89
Just needed this so I could use my EB.

=$11.40 before coupons
Used $7 Eb

Total = $.80 total (This was all tax)

Saved $20.09



Transaction 4:
With Fernando's Card
2 Oral B Cross Action Toothbrush $6 get $3 EB
- (1) B1G1
- (1) $3/1
= $3

Get $6 EB back

Saved $13.58

Total spend including tax: $11.03

Total Saved: $103.40!!!

TOTAL COMBINED TRIPS CVS  &  WALGREENS:
SPENT: $15.51

SAVED: $133.14!!!

And to make it even more amazing, on the Physicians formula makeup was a rebate for the price of $10.95!! So I can submit it and get the entire rebate. Meaning I spent $15 total today, and in a few weeks I get paid $10!! That's like getting everything from BOTH trips for $5!!!




4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Awesome!!! I don't do CVS but this makes me wanna try!

Stephani Galindo said...

It really is worth the try. It takes awhile to start earning a large supply of rewards, but i usually have anywhere from 15-25 at a time. I just use them to pay, then keep rolling them. Its awesome =]

Cheryl @ Simply Shoeboxes said...

Way to go!! So sorry you were so sick, but what a cure!!! Thanks for linking up your CVS shopping trip at Simply CVS.

Stephani Galindo said...

I love your blog! I keep up with it all the time for my CVS deals, so thanks for all you do! I've learned a lot from you