Miami, Fl
Total Spent for 2012: $58.08 Total Saved for 2012: $132.85

Saturday, February 19, 2011

My Pantry Stock Up =]

Hey everyone!

I'm sorry for the slack this week! I've been really busy with Valentines Day, school, and organization! But the bright side is I have an amazing deal to share with all of you today. What I want to do this week is provide pictures of what I bought, along with the match-ups of sales and coupons I used. I can't stress enough how important it is to buy the Sunday paper if you expect to start saving money. A majority of the coupons I use come from those inserts, followed by internet printables. 

Yesterday, Fernando and I were really excited to go on our date to the movies! By the way, we saw Unknown which was an incredible movie. I highly recommend it! But because of this, my pictures are so sloppy and ugly! We went straight from the grocery store, rushed home, took a picture, then went to the movie. So sorry, but they will be alright for this week.


Haha I really enjoy posting pictures on this blog, and I feel like they make things more interesting. So this post is going to be full of pictures! By the way, if you want to view JUST this blog, apart from all the others, simply click on the title and it will redirect you to this individual posting. 

So here we go! My trip this week was to Publix. I knew this would be a helpful post to you beginners because up to this point I've focused my blog around the drug stores. While its nice to get free stuff from drug stores, shopping in these places is more for intermediate couponers who already have a food supply built up. The rest of you guys probably are much more interested in learning how to stock up your pantries! So that is what this post is for. Publix sales run from Thursday-Wednesday of the next week. So you guys have until Wednesday to take advantage of these deals.




Here is what I bought. This week I'm putting the product, coupon match up, and a picture of those items. But I did buy everything pictured in one transaction. I just thought breaking it up would make it easier for some of you to find the items by yourselves.


1/2 lb Deli Meat $4.56

2 Macaroni Grill Meals for 2 @ $7.99 B1G1 free
- (2) $1.50/1 internet printable here
=$2.50 each


4 Totinos Pizzas @ 4/$5
- (2) .75/2 internet printable here
=$. 88 each

2 Sargento shredded cheese @ 2/$4
- (2) $1.50/1 Publix coupon here
- (1) $.50/2 1/30 SS
=$.25 each


4 Progresso Bread Crumbs @ $1.95 B1G1 free
- (1) $1/4 Publix coupon 
Flyer in store
=$.73 each


16 Hunts tomato sauce @ 6/$2
- $5/20 Included products Publix coupon
(These 16 cans plus the 4 Totino's pizzas were included in this coupon)
= $.02 per can!


2 Sominex @ $3.19
- (1) $5/2 Publix Coupon in Green Flyer
- (2) $2/1 Manufacturer here
= - $2.62
This is overage that went towards paying for the other groceries!


2 Vivarin @ $3.19
- (1) $5/2 Publix Coupon in Green flyer
- (2) $2/1 Manufacturer here
= - $2.62 Overage


2 Phazyme @ $3.49
- (1) $5/2 Publix coupon in Green Flyer
- (2) $2/1 Manufacturer here
= -  $2.20 overage


2 Frosted Flakes @ $4.09 B1G1 Free
- (1) $1/2 Manufacturer here
= $1.55 each


2 Betty Crocker Brownies @ $1.99
- (2) $1/1 Publix Coupon on flyer in store
- (2) $.50/1 2/13 GM 
= $.49 each


4 Green Giant Vegetables @ $1.33 B1G1 Free
- (1) $1/4 Publix Coupon on flyer in store
=$. 42 each


4 Wishbone Ranch Dressing @ $2.97 B1G1 Free
- (2) $1.50/2 Target coupon here
- (2) $1/2 Manufacturer 1/30 RP
= $.24 EACH!


1 Bunch of Bananas @ $1.06
- (1) $1/1 Fruit when you buy 2 Frosted Flakes
Found the Coupon on Box
= $.06!


1 Cucumber @ $.85


2 French Bread Loaves @ $1.99
- (2) $1.50/1 Publix bread when you buy 6 hunts products
Publix coupon found on flyer
= $.49 each!





And my grand total? 
I spend $18.09
And I saved $88.84


That is $18 for over $105 of groceries
Or a savings of 84%


Considering that I was even able to get produce, deli meat and bread, which are things that are pretty difficult to save on, I did pretty amazing this week.


We will be donating the tomato sauce.


2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Great stuff! Wish I had a Publix!

Stephani Galindo said...

What store do you have where you aret? Publix is definitely a blessing around here in Miami.