Miami, Fl
Total Spent for 2012: $58.08 Total Saved for 2012: $132.85

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Walgreens 2/6 Best trip yet! $100 worth for $6!

I must admit, this photo makes me laugh. The trip results were so big I had to transfer the photo session from my little laptop table to the bed. So excuse the sloppy pictures but I did my best! As you can see, I got a lot of stuff today. Before I write about the "how"... here's the results. Remember "RR" means Register Rewards which are the printed coupons Walgreens prints out for you when you buy certain items. You can use these on future purchases as a form of payment.


[Please feel free to ask any questions in the comment box below!]


Total Value of trip: $107.92
Paid: $5.85 INCLUDING $3.22 of tax.
WOW!
I'm amazed with even myself. But it shows what a little bit of planning and preparation can do!




Here is what I got:
1 Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice $2.99 and get $2 RR back
4 Kotex Pads 3/$9 and get $3 RR back
1 Veripur Hand Sanitizer $3.99 get $4 RR back
4 Ragu Pasta Sauce 2/$3 [Buy $15 worth and get $5 RR]
4 Lipton tea 100 count 2/$5 [Buy $15 worth and get $5 RR]
2 Colgate toothpaste 2/$5 and get $3 RR back
5 Gain dish soap 5/$5 and get $1 RR back
3 Garnier Herbashine hair dye $5 each : Buy $15 and get $5 RR back.
5 Valentine's Day Pencils 5/$1 with the in-ad coupon from this week's Walgreen's Ad.


As you can see, the total for all of this was really high before coupons. I believe it was $60. So I already saved $40 just buy purchasing the sale prices instead of buying them at regular price. Now for the coupons!


I used:
5: $.25/1 Gain dish soap from 1/16 P&G
4: $.60/1 Lipton tea from 1/30 Redplum
2: $.60/2 Ragu sauces from 1/30 Redplum
3: $3.00/1 Garnier Herbashine Hair product from 1/9 Smartsource. This one is also available on coupons.com if you are interested! It is an amazing deal for hair coloring!
2: $2/2 Kotex product from 1/16 Smartsource
2: $.75/1 Colgate from 1/30 Smartsource


This brought my total down to about $40. So while this is nice and all because you would be getting back $23 rewards for purchasing all of this, I was able to bring it down much further by using my previous register rewards from last week and the week before. So my results on this trip aren't typical savings that you would get if you bought the same stuff unless you have a lot of rewards to start with. 


So then I paid with:
$2 RR
$2 RR
$3 RR
$3 RR
$4 RR
$6 RR
$8 RR
$10 RR


Therefore my total out of pocket expense was only $2.65
Plus tax, it was $5.85.
According to my reciept, I saved $47.07 by shopping the sales prices, and I saved $59.35 by using coupons and register rewards.
So thats a savings of $107.92! That is amazing!!


What I recommend for you all is to check my HOW TO BEGIN section if you are interested in starting shopping at Walgreens. Let me give you a brief scenario if you were to want to try and spend, lets say $10 Out of pocket and still have some rewards to use next week. I'll write it as if you have NO coupons to begin with.
So this week buy this:


Transaction 1:
Buy 1 Veripur Hand Sanitizer $3.99 get $4 RR
Pay $3.99 get $4 Rewards back


Transaction 2:
Buy 3 Herbashine Hair Colors @ $5 Each.
$15
-3 : $3/1 coupons from the internet (www.coupons.com,) which anyone can get!
Buy 1 really cheap item like a candy bar for $.49
=$6.49
Use the reward from transaction 1= -$4
=$2.49 out of pocket and get $5 Rewards back


Transaction 3:
Buy 2 Colgate toothpaste $2/5
Use $5 RR from trans. 2
=pay nothing
Get $3 Rewards back


Transaction 4:
Buy 5 gain dish soap
$5
Use $3 RR from Transaction 3
Pay $2 out of pocket


Get $1 RR back. You could use this for something else or save it for next week. 


With this scenario [which is just an example], You would pay about $8.50 for what would have cost you $40 on regular price.


Get it?? I hope this all makes sense! The trick to Walgreens is earning a lot of register rewards. I personally have at least $20 worth at one time. That way I buy items, pay with rewards, and get rewards BACK. They're sort of rolling over and over again and I never have to pay very much! It's a blessing.



We will be donating the pads and giving the soap and tomato sauces to family. 


2 comments:

Kelli said...

Holy crap! You continue to amaze me. Haha.

Stephani Galindo said...

Lol I know I know... Its so much fun =]

Help me out here though! keep spreading the word and encouraging ppl to check it out... I appreciate it =] But what I really need is advice. What can I alter/add to make the blog better? Im already good at couponing. I want to help people who aren't. So Im not sure what THEY want to see.