Miami, Fl
Total Spent for 2012: $58.08 Total Saved for 2012: $132.85

Friday, February 4, 2011

Publix 2/3 Savings of 68% and 60%


Hey everyone! There were some really good deals this week at Publix. If you haven't already read my "How to Begin" section, than you should really do so. Visit Iheartpublix.com to see the coupon match-ups along with the Buy 1 get 1 Free deals for this week at Publix. 

Now what you see above was an amazing deal I found on pads and tampons. No need to be shy ladies, we all use them. =]

The deal that I got above was completely using coupons alone. No sales prices were applicable. 
One of the basic rules of couponing is that you can use 1 store coupon AND 1 manufacturer coupon on the SAME item! This maximizes your savings!

So for this trip, I used a $2.50/2 manufacturer coupon I printed it off of Coupons.com. You can visit there and get the same coupon in case you're interested!! It looks like this ...


I also used a $2/1 U by Kotex product Publix STORE coupon from a recent coupon booklet they had available in stores. This booklet looks likes this...




If you cannot find the booklet, there is also a $2/1 Kotex publix store coupon in the Green Advantage Flyer at the front of the store. It looks like this:




So the deal worked as follows.

2 U by Kotex Pads or Tampons $4.79
- 2 $2/1 Store coupon
-1 $2.50/2 manufacturer coupon

= $3.08 for both!

That means it was only $1.54 for one box of Kotex Pads/Tampons!

Now to put this into perspective, I looked for the cheap store brand of the same size of pads/ tampons and the cost was $2.29! So by couponing, you are getting better quality for LESS money than the store brand. Isn't that awesome?

So in this case, I bought 4 boxes of pads and 2 boxes of tampons. Not all for myself of course! We all have plenty of family members who would appreciate receiving these for free!

Total before coupons=
$28.74

My total cost =
$9.24

My savings= 
$19.50

That is a savings of 68%. That's amazing for pads- especially for a brand I love, and am not settling on for a better price.




My next trip was for some of the simple deals they had this week on Buy 1 Get 1 Free.



The sale was this.
Knorr Pasta and Rice sides $1.65 B1G1 free.
And I had .50/2 coupons from last week's sunday paper. 

So I bought 8, since these only go on sale maybe every couple months or so. 

8 Knorr Pasta and Rice sides $1.65 B1G1 Free =
$6.60

Buy you can also use 4 of the .50/2 coupons. Even though you are buying 4 and getting 4 for free, you can use a coupon on BOTH items.

So it went like this...
$6.60
-4 .50/2 Coupons

=$4.40
For all 8!

That is about $.55 for each package. Since they are ordinarily $1.65 each this is a great price!
The regular price for 8 packages would have been $13.20. I paid $4.40. That is a savings of 75%!

These make really easy side dishes with dinner, or an emergency meal for one... lol.

Now the Velveeta is not something I regularly buy, but Superbowl is this weekend and my husband loves when I make snacks for the game! So I got lucky when it was on sale this week.

Velveeta $3.85 B1G1

Total before coupons=
$10.45

My total cost= 
$8.25

My savings was=
$12.45 because of the B1G1 sale price

Total savings=
60%

Not bad for a quick unplanned trip and some junk for Superbowl.



No comments: