Miami, Fl
Total Spent for 2012: $58.08 Total Saved for 2012: $132.85

Friday, July 22, 2011

Some advice and deals =]

Good Afternoon!!

After a post from a friend of mine who mentioned her struggles with really having success with couponing, I figured I would give whatever advice I could to all of you out there! My major advice to her was to focus on one store, and to understand how couponing at that store works. Publix is usually a good place to begin because it has basic B1G1 Free sales and helps you understanding stacking store and manufacturer coupons.. Walgreens and CVS are more complicated because it adds in the third factor of rewards systems. The reason I focus on Walgreens so much is that I have such a large stock already, I don't need to go on huge trips to huge stores. I just shop the weekly best deals and donate most of it anyways. But I know a lot of you are just begining so I'm going to try and do my best to post the BEST deals, whether or not they are something I would personally buy. 

The other trick to getting a great deal is finding out the sales ahead of time. Although I'm posting these deals now, in the middle of the sale period, the Walgreens previews are usually available more than a week in advance, and the Publix previews are available monday. So I encourage you guys to check out the websites I give below for Walgreens and CVS to view the deals that are in effect this week, as well as those that begin next week! I will post my favorite deals from these stores tomorrow!

So here we go!

ALL DEALS FROM IHEARTPUBLIX.COM

Publix Weekly Ad for 7/21-7/27  HERE
This includes everything on sale as well as where to find the coupons to use
The check marks next to the deals indicate that those prices are "stock up" prices.
If you want to print the coupons mentioned below, print them directly from the Weekly Ad page on IHEARTPUBLIX.com

Best deals I see:
stockpile button13 Publix Weekly Ad & Coupons 7/21   7/27 (7/20   7/26 for some)Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper, 4.4 to 7.5 oz, BOGO $1.59
-$.75/3 Hamburger Helper Printable Rolling - thanks Quen
-$.75/3 Hamburger Helper Printable Rolling

When you buy 6 and use 2 $.75/3 coupons, you end up paying about  $.54 per box! This is an awesome price for a quick meal :D


When you buy 2, use 2 of the manufacturer coupons and 1 store coupon [This is only if your store accepts Target as a competitor]
This makes the cost $.95 for both!

Also, this is a great weekend to get the cereal, priced at 50% off. Combine your favorite flavor with a coupon for a great deal!

Walgreens:
Weekly ad and Coupon Match up HERE
You can read my last post about the great deal on body soap and deodorant. Everything else is self preference. If you want my advice on how to put together your own Walgreens trip, let me know!

Target:
Instead of giving you last weeks deals since they end tomorrow, here is the preview for the deals starting Sunday!
In my opinion, none of the deals are special. But I do love seeing the sale prices before they even come around =]

CVS:
The only reason I don't shop here anymore is because it is too far away for me to make such a simple, 2-3 item trip every week. But, there are great deals to be had here!

Best deal I see:
John Frieda full repair or luxurious volume shampoo or conditioner 8-10 oz, or stylers 3-12 oz $6 
Get $10 eb when you buy $20 limit 1

    -$5 John Frieda Full Repair Treatment, Styler or Finisher (exp 7/31/2011) 6/5/2011 SS
Buy 4 John Frieda Full Repair Products = $24
Use 4 $5/1 Coupons
= $4 for all products PLUS $10 EB to use in the future
THIS IS A MONEY MAKER!

No comments: