Miami, Fl
Total Spent for 2012: $58.08 Total Saved for 2012: $132.85

Thursday, July 14, 2011

FINALLY a good deal =]

Hello all! I have been wanting to blog lately but the deals have been so lame down here in Miami. I feel like we're so stocked up on a lot of stuff already. One benefit of this is that I get to focus on getting deals to share with others. And I have to say I LOVE to give to others :) 

A bit of good news for those of you who know me; I passed the first portion of my Teacher Certification Exam! Just two more years and I'll be putting my couponing efforts into building up a wonderful stock for my own classroom!

Like I said, the deals, in my opinion, have been pretty lame. I've actually been gathering a few good deals together for a week just waiting until I had enough to make a decent trip to Target. I finally accomplished this this week and made an awesome trip. Here it goes!! These deals are either ending this Saturday, or are on regular price anyways.

1 Bowl Appetit Pasta $1.55 [For lunch!]

4 Hefty One Zip Bags $2.04 each [Regular Price]
- (4) $1/1 Target Coupon HERE
- (2) $1/2 Manufacturer from 7/10 RP 
= $.54 each 



8 Benadryl Itch Sticks $2.29 [Regular Price]
- (8) $2/1 Manufacturer from 6/19 RP
= $.29 each.
Here I figured it would be fun to see how many I could get for the price of one =]



2 Paper-mate Ballpoint Pens $1.02 [In school supply section]
- (2) $1/1 Target coupon HERE
= $.02 each.
Since I'm studying to be a teacher, I've been stocking up on school supplies to give to students in need.

4 Scotch Tape $1 [School supply section]
- (4) $1/1 Manufacturer HERE
= FREE



4 Cottonelle Freshmates $2.29 [Regular Price
- (2) $1.25/2 Target coupon HERE
- (2) $1/1 Manufacturer HERE
- (1) $1/2 Manufacturer HERE
These were on sale last week but I didn't make a trip lol.
= $.92 each.


2 John Frieda Shampoo/Conditioner $5.99
- (2) $5/1 Manufacturer from 6/5 SS
- (1) $3/2 Target Coupon HERE
= $1.02 OVERAGE

2 John Frieda Style Products [1 @ $5.99, 1 @ $8.99]
- (2) $5/1 Manufacturer from 6/5 SS
- (1) $3/2 Target Coupon HERE
= $.99 each



And the Grand Total?
$15.11 including $2.57 in tax

Total Saved:
$57.65

While I love to rejoice in such a great amount of savings, I was bummed out [AGAIN] at the cashier's attitude towards my coupons. At my Target it seems like they really aren't afraid of sighing loudly and complaining to the customer that they wish they "Didn't have to work this register" because of all the coupons they had to deal with. I also got the whole "OH You're one of THOSE from that SHOW on TLC." I made it clear to her that no, I wasn't, and that I was simply a young woman trying to save some money in a way that follows the rules and doesn't overwhelm cashier's. 

Oh well. I got my deals and I was sure to give her a smile the whole time! Hopefully one of these days all the cashiers will not only understand why and how we save so much, but also how to do it for their own families :)

No comments: