Miami, Fl
Total Spent for 2012: $58.08 Total Saved for 2012: $132.85

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Another Walgreens trip....

Hello =]

If it isn't obvious by now, Walgreens is definitely my number one favorite place for savings. Target is probably my next favorite but deals don't come around as frequently there. This week I was able to get a couple of things for myself and many for my friends and family. I'm actually pretty excited because my friend Brianna wants me to help her start couponing! Next week we'll be taking a trip, probably to Walgreens, to help her learn the basics and get in the groove.. So wish us luck! 

This weeks trip was a success! I officially have $42 Register Rewards accumulated in my wallet. So now I can basically find the deals, find the coupons, then use my rewards every week, get lots of stuff, and get the rewards (most of them) back. I love Walgreens =] They give me money to shop with.

I originally planned three transactions but when I got to the store, a couple of things were out of stock even though I checked online first to make sure they were in stock (Walgreens Fail). Lol. Oh well. Once you really get the hang of things, you start to learn how to come up with back up plans on the spot. And I did!

One thing I feel would be fun for me is to mention how my cashier was on each trip. If he/she was awesome, they deserve the praise. If not, well... you'll see.

Cashier today: Not too bad. She definitely seemed happy to help a customer out but when I pulled out the coupons, she seemed neutral. Fortunately, however, she did know what she was doing with the coupons and everything went through fine. Thank you cashier!

___________________________

Transaction 1:
3 Crest 3D White Toothpaste 2/$4.98 this week.  (The first two rang up as 2/$4.98 and the third as $2.49)
Buy 2, you get $3 RR. Buy $6 worth, and get another RR of $2.
- (3) $.75/1 from 6/05 P&G
= $5.22 and get back $5 RR!      

{This is where it comes in handy to have previous RR in your possession. For example, you could pay with a $5 RR, pay tax and change, and get $5 back. This is called "Rolling".}

1 Walgreens Perfection Tampons 8 ct $1.50 get $1.50 RR

2 Irish Spring Deodorant 2/$6 get $4 RR
- (2) $1/1 7/24 SS
= $4 get $4 RR

2 Scunci Hair ties 18 ct. 2/$3 get $3 RR!
I love this deal! These are the basic hair ties we ladies love to use all the time. I personally don't know how, but mine always seem to disappear and turn up again all over my apartment. So its nice to have a lot stocked up! Lol! And they are always free. I got sad in the store because I saw someone had taken about 6 hair ties out of a package :( 

1 Dentek Flosser $2.99 get $2 RR
- (1) $1/1 Dentek Floss HERE 

This one got me so frustrated. The particular store I went to was a 24 hour store so naturally, it's usually busy. I figured the product might be sold out but when I went to the floss area, there wasn't even a spot for it! I was so confused. When I turned around and faced the FEMININE PRODUCT aisle, there they were! Huh? In the feminine product aisle? Yep. Lol. Sometimes it feels like Walgreens doesn't want you to find the sales items. Either they "forget" to put up the sales signs or they just hide the items from you. So I took a few off of the shelf and carried them over to the floss area. Lol..

1 Sharpie Accent highlighter .69 in ad coupon
My father is law is always asking for highlighters... so this was a present. lol
Also, we couldn't find this item either. Not in the school supply aisle, or the "seasonal" aisle where new school supplies are being put. We had to send an employee on a journey through the store to find them. Fortunately, she did.



I used $5, $5, $2, $2 RR from previous week. 

Got back $3, $2, $1.50, $4, $3, $2 RR

Total:
$3.92 including $1.52 of tax 
... smh.

Saved:
$32.52

_____________________

Transaction 2:
This transaction was for me to get some things that are at a great price, even though they didn't offer any RR in return. 

4 Tuf Paper Towels .50 each

2 Skintimate Shaving Cream $1.99 in Ad
- (2) $1.50/1 HERE
= $.49 each!

1 Sharpie Highlighter .69

2 Scunci Hair Ties 18 ct 2/$3 Get $3 RR

1 Walgreens Perfection Tampon 8 ct $1.50 get $1.50 RR

4 Scotch Mailers .39 in ad
My stock up price!


Used $4, $2 RR

Got back $3, $1.50 RR

Total:
$4.63 including $.90 tax

Saved:
$27.15 

Total Spent:
$8.55

Total Saved:
$59.67

No comments: