Miami, Fl
Total Spent for 2012: $58.08 Total Saved for 2012: $132.85

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Cvs 1/28



The trip at CVS was really wonderful! I bet a lot of ladies out there would appreciate the savings on this one. One thing I want to remind everyone about is the whole reasoning behind stockpiling. For example, the regular price for one of the Finish dishwasher detergents is about $5.69. The other week at CVS it went on sale for $3. On top of that, there was a $2.25/1 coupon in the newspaper. So now you are only paying $.75 for one box of detergent... So instead of buying the 1 box for $5.69, I would go and buy about 7 boxes of the detergent, for even less than $5.69!! The trick is to stock up when the price is at its best, so you won't need to buy that item again for a LONG time!!


So here we go! I had a raincheck at CVS for the detergent because they were out of it last week when it was on sale.

The deal was this. Buy $20 of Finish products and get $10 Extrabucks to spend next time.

The reason I did so well this week is because I have about $20 Extrabucks to start with from previous sales. So I am able to pay for my groceries with THAT money and get MORE extrabucks back! So when you start couponing you should try and build up a stock of extrabucks.


So I got 4 boxes of Finish @ $3 each
[You need 7 for the deal, but I bought 3 last week]

- 2 $2.25/1 Coupons
-2 $.75/1 Coupons [I ran out of the good coupons!]

Then I got 2 Crest Mouthwash @ $3.99 each
-1 $1/1 Coupon from random coupon page I found around the house!

Before Coupons = $19.98
After Coupons = $12.98

Then I paid with a $10 and $1 Extrabuck

= $1.98 out of pocket, not including tax.

And then I got $10 extrabucks back!!!

The reason why this deal is so amazing is because I paid less than $2 for 4 boxes of detergent and mouthwash when ONE box of the detergent is normally over $5!!!

I took advantage of the deal last week and now I probably have about 14 boxes of detergent. Thats enough to last over a year!!

No comments: